Monday, February 20, 2006

Easterns vs AutoSource


DAILY QUOTES

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes. ~Marcel Proust

I can't understand why people are frightened of new ideas. I'm frightened of the old ones ~John Cage

Top 5 iPOD Nano-Nano Songs

1. Never Gonna Be The Same ~Sean Paul
2. The Denial Twist ~The White Stripes
3. Wisemen ~James Blunt

4. Beautiful Mess ~Diamond Rio

5. Wagon Wheel ~Old Crow Medicine Show


The possibility of a discount, job is your credit, low rent, automotive dealership theme song battle is on the horizon. As I drove home last night my body aching from a weekend long catering gig I heard the most amazing thing. I was scanning the hip-hop stations in hopes of hearing a specific go-go (a genre seemingly only popular in the original Chocolate City of Washington DC) song. Instead I heard something even better. A new theme song from a rival of those advertising wizards of Easterns Automotive (Where your job is your credit.) AutoSource has decided to jump in on the targeted marketing and put out a rap/hip-hop theme of there own. The song is nothing spectacular but I had to question my sanity when the announcer called potential questions "BAMAS." I thought that maybe because it was almost 2 in the morning (the only time AutoSource could afford to advertise) combined with the culmination of dinner service for 300 perhaps made me delirious, but I know what I heard. My hope is there is some kind of battle of "theme songs" on the horizon, possibly ending with an 8-mile-esque freestyle battle of advertising MCs. Hahahahaha!!!!!!!

1 Comments:

At 2:31 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

I *hate* commercial theme songs on the radio. They are horrible yet they get stuck in your head. You find yourself sitting at your desk singing the phone number for some carpet company, then you want to stab a bic pen into your brain, anything to make it stop!

Great quotes by the way.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home