Sunday, November 12, 2006

Wedding Fun, No Injuries

DAILY QUOTES

The only man who is really free is the one who can turn down an invitation to dinner without giving an excuse.
~Jules Renard

Facts are the enemy of truth.
~Miguel de Cervantes

Two souls and one thought, two hearts and one pulse.
~Halen on Marriage


My fortune cookie says:
Your love life will be happy and harmonious.

(Which is nice.)



Nano-Nano

1. Lodi ~CCR
2. Like Glue ~Sean Paul
3. Let Me Talk To You/My Love ~JT
4. Ride Wit Me ~TI
5. Machine Gun ~Manu Chao
6. Ramble Tamble ~CCR
7. Blue in Green ~Miles Davis
8. Farmhouse ~Phish
9. Fortunate Son ~CCR
10. Happy Valentine's Day ~Andre 3000





We went a man down this weekend. Yvonne and Benjie got married. But as was repeated many time in various speeches, the "posse" didn't lose a member but gained one. It honestly feels that way. I didn't lose a friend to marriage, I'm kinda sick of this smart-ass bachelor notion. Yvonne feels just as much a part of the "posse" as any one of the original members. I feel a sort opf obligation to protect her as my own, like a sister. In another conversation at the wedding about firnds getting married, and having babies, I said, "We're expecting this March!" But I didn't mean myself, I have not got anyone pregnant to my knowledge ever. What I meant was the group of college friends I still remain close with. I honestly feel like one big family and know that baby will be welcome in all of our arms as if he/she is our own child.

Of course my own want and need were on my mind during the wedding, but they were easy to quell seeing two true friends pledge to spend the rest of their live together. There is someone I would like to see more of and more often, and I wish she was with me at the wedding. Those that know know you don't have to dig very deep in the layers to know I am a true romantic. and for the romantic a wedding is the Super Bowl.

Lately at the end of my blogs there was a feature called Benjie's Hottie Corner. This feature is now defunct, kaput, gone, done, because Benjie has his very own hottie for the rest of his life.

2 Comments:

At 3:27 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

Hey,

That is so sweet what you wrote about your group of friends and the new girl in town, and the baby and everything.

Its so nice to hear there are guys out there who are romantics and want the wedding and family thing, when so many guys out there act like they are being dragged kicking and screaming out of their fun free bachelorhood.

P.S. my new blog address: http://spyder-girl.blogspot.com

 
At 4:44 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

I wish the new girl in town were more of a certainty, I might be getting ahead of myself or wearing rose colored glasses, as most romantics do, but thanks for the compliments.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home