Sunday, February 04, 2007

Prince, I'm Your Fool, but is Someone Getting The Best of You?

Daily Quotes

In matters of style, swim with the current; in matters of principle, stand like a rock.
~Thomas Jefferson

I believe there are more instances of the abridgement of the freedom of the people by gradual and silent encroachments of those in power than by violent and sudden usurpations.
~James Madison

SammiPod

1. SpottieOttieDopaliscious ~Outkast
2. Ha ~Juvenile
3. Hardcore Rap Act ~Das Efx
4. Pink & Blue ~Andre 3000
5. Quality Control ~Jurassic 5
6. Everything's Gonna Be Alright
~Naughty By Nature
7. Unhappy ~Big Boi
8. The Onslaught ~Black Moon
9. Runaway Love ~Ludacris & Mary J
10. Ain't No Fun ~Snoop Dogg











This may have been the first time I ever enjoyed the Super Bowl halftime show, if I had actually seen Janet's boob that might have topped it. Prince put on a hell of a show, actually sang his songs which is rare with today's artists, shredded on all th guitars he played, and possibly sang a better version of "Best of You" than the Foo Fighters. All week I said I wanted to see the Colts win so Peyton could get his due, but all day Sunday I pulled a flip-flop...it didn't work out. Oh well, the fumbles were fun, and a Super Bowl in adverse conditions was even better! If any body out there knows where I could get an MP3 version of Prince's halftime show please let me know!
Overall good weekend, I do recommend Tallula, had great HH food and great HH specials, I mean Bacon Wrapped Figs with Marscapone Cheese and a great glass of vino, what could be better. I love this place and its sister restaurants, the atmosphere was made digitally cozy with the looped fire video on the jumbo plasma screen.

Smokin' Aces....wait for the video, it was okay, but couldn't decide if it was funny or serious and languished in between. I think if a decision was made one way or the other it would ahve been a great movie. It was hard to deal with the ending when I had been laughing so much before. So I'd say it was good, but maybe a rental.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home