Thursday, January 21, 2010

Goongagaloonga...So I Got That For Me, Which Is Nice

gQUOTES

In my many years I have come to a conclusion that one useless man is a shame, two is a law firm, and three or more is a congress.
– John Adams

You know it's funny when it rains it pours
They got money for wars, but can't feed the poor.
– Tupac Shakur

gTunes

1. Wax and Wane – Deftones
2. Higher Ground – Red Hot Chili Peppers
3. Hide and Seek – Imogen Heap
4. Need You Tonight – INXS
5. Van Diemen’s Land – U2
6. Something More – Sugarland
7. Trouble – Ray LaMontagne
8. The Rooster – Big Boi (Outkast)
9. Gimmie Shelter – The Rolling Stones
10. Wagon Wheel – Old Crow Medicine Show

I am in desperate need for some new-to-me music, especially for working out.
Any suggestions/recommendations????


gFlix

Normally I review movies I have seen recently, whether they are new or old. However today’s gFlix is about a TV show I saw last night on the Biography Channel about one of my favorite movies of all time, so I got that going for me which is nice. Hopefully you guessed right, it was an inside look at the making of Caddyshack! I’ll spare the nitty gritty but it was a great show with terrific insight, such as Rodney Dangerfield’s audition. This was Rodney’s first real movie, and times were much different. Rodney walked into the room, cut four lines of coke, snorted them all, and said, “Let’s Eat!”
Another bit o’ information that I found amazing was, Bill Murray’s character Carl Spangler had absolutely no lines written for him. Everything you see in the movie is pure Murray improvisation. That doesn’t shock me but makes me appreciate his comic genius even more.

gHomeOwnership

Pops signed me up for a service contract with a great HVAC company. So far the service has been great! But I will refrain from plugging them until their job is done. What was supposed to be a routine checkup and initial visit turned into a cracked heat exchanger, a chilly work from home day, $$$$$, and a new furnace. Gotta love home ownership!

1 Comments:

At 1:00 PM, Blogger B and T Crowd said...

I saw that Caddyshack show a few weeks ago and was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't just a recap of the movie. Lots of people took a chance on the movie, but it sure paid nicely after initial release. TWSS.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home