Thursday, May 29, 2008

RIP Heddy...That's Hedley Lamar

Quotes

The real hero is always a hero by mistake; he dreams of being an honest coward like everybody else.
~Umberto Eco

So long as I'm the president, my measure of success is victory - and success.
~George W. Bush

gPOd

1. My Good Gal ~OCMS
2. Falling Down ~Duran Duran
3. Baby Please ~Jurassic 5
4. Forca ~Nelly Furtado
5. The General Specific ~Band of Horses
6. Natty Dread ~Bob Nesta Marley
7. Long As I Can See The Light ~CCR
8. Simple Man ~Lynrd SkynrdBlogger: A Bokononist Blog - Create Post
9. Out Of Line ~The Bravery
10. A Worried Man ~The Kingston Trio

My goal for this summer, is a lofty one...and possibly a repeat from years past...play golf at least once a week. I can't think of a more rewarding, way to both torture my self and procrastinate at the same time.

No pontificating, but a solemn safe home and rest in peace to Harvey Korman. I salute thee straight man extrodanaire. Yu may knw him as Hedley Lamar in Blazing Saddles, the Carol Burnett Show, and a host of other roles. Few men can play the straight man as well as Harvey Korman did, and a true comedy fan knows it's the straight man that makes the joke work.

Here are a couple clips from Blazing Saddles for your enjoyment.




0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home