Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Sweeter Than A Plate of Yams With Extra Syrup

Quotes

Better than a thousand hollow words is one word that brings peace.
~Buddha

During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.

~George Orwell

We are all cups, constantly and quietly being filled. The trick is, knowing how to tip ourselves over and let the beautiful stuff out.

~Ray Bradbury


gPod/The Hawk

1. Summertime ~Kenny Chesney

2. Swollen Summer ~The Bravery

3. Dry Town ~Miranda Lambert

5. Don't Think I Don't Think About It ~Darius Rucker

6. Johnny and June ~Heidi Newfield

7. Cleaning This Gun ~Rodney Atkins

8. Don't Feel Right ~The Roots

9. SpottieOttieDopalicous ~Outkast

10. Sly Fox ~Nas






gFlix

The Assasination of Jesse James By The Coward Robert Ford

I loved this movie. I've been on a Western kick lately, but this really can't be lumped in to that genre. This is a deep study in the mind of a genius, psychotic, lovable gang leader and killer.

Brad Pitt's performance was incredible, scary, frightening, jocular, and down creepy...but damn good. Casey Affleck was really good too, he makes his character's transformation very believable.


A Fistful of Dollars


I had never seen this classic and brilliant piece of cinema, and I was ashamed of that. I rectified the situation, and as expected absolutely loved this movie!












For a Few Dollars More


I couldn't just watch the first movie in the Man w/ No Name Trilogy, could I? Sergio Leone does it again!














So living like a hermit doe not exactly mesh with my social personality and lifestyle. As much as it my wallet likes there is a compromised ground both can coexist. I have implemented several cost saving and planning measures that keep me organized, paying bills on time, save me some duckets, improve my overall well being, and therefore make me a better happier person (according to my own criteria, of course). You could say I am in a transitional phase of my life, trying to institute several self-improvement practices. First and foremost on the list of concerns are my finances, but a very close second and most recent is my weight. So I have begin down the path of the low-carb diet, specifically The South Beach Diet. I have despised and detested fad diets, in particular low-carb diets. But I made a promise to myself and my family that I would try this for one month. My family has used this diet in the past with significant success, and as I find myself weighing in at the most I’ve ever weighed every time I step on a scale, my time had come. I’ve tried other things in the past with success but always seem to lose interest or fail to stick to it. I prefer a diet with structure and instructions, it takes a lot of guess work out of it. South Beach so far has provided this, but also some flexibility in recipes. There are 3 Phases, Phase 1 is little to no carbs or sugar, in order to shock you system, and eliminate cravings for sugar and carbs. Phase 2 is the long term weight loss phase, which you remain in for howver long it takes to reach your goal weight, and Phase 3 dictates how and what to eat for the rest of your life. So I am in Day 4 of the 2-3 Week Phase 1.


gDiet

Target Weight Loss: 80lbs

Weight Loss to Date: 4lbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home