Wednesday, July 12, 2006

Why I'm Wearing My Least Favorite Shirt To Work Today

DAILY QUOTES
A-B-C. A-Always, B-Be, C-Closing. Always be closing, always be closing.
~Blake (Alec Baldwin in
Glengarry Glen Ross)

There is only one admirable form of the imagination: the imagination that is so intense that it creates a new reality, that it makes things happen.
~Sean O'Faolain



Da Nans
1. Night Train ~James Brown
2. If I Can't ~50 Cent
3. Grind With Me ~Pretty Ricky
4. Fine Again ~Seether
5. Carribean Queen ~Billy Ocean



I am wearing my least favorite shirt to work today. It is a stripped shirt, but the stripes go diagonally and looks like something a Persian Mafioso wearing too much cologne would wear to a club. Here is why:
Where to begin???? After some early morning emailing JD convinced me to go to a charity event at Morton's Steak House. It didn't take much convincing, but I am trying to save money for my Cyprus trip an failing miserably. The lure of someone my buddies thought I should meet, and the $30 fare for all you can eat Morton's appetizers, booze and a signed cookbook seemed worth it to me. And it was. I've had a few crazy nights recently and why not have another on a Tuesday? You can imagine what kind of crowd Morton's drew, some of DC's elite, including John Patterson of you Washington Nationals! But also people like Mitzi, a financial planner who rebuffed JD for having a small account. The convo went something like this:
Mitzi: Would you say you have a small, medium or large account?
JD: Probably smaller.
Mitzi: Oh, well, we do take on some small accounts if they lead to larger ones down the road, but rarely do we take on small accounts
.
I thought maybe this was all just innuendo, and Middle Aged Money Manager Mitzi just wanted a piece of JD. But then I met her. I was an English major in college which pretty much means I can BS with the best of them. All it takes is a little confidence, knowing when to be honest and a surface knowledge of the topic at hand. So when Mitzi asked me what I did for a living, I told her I was a Children's Book Author, while I don't get paid for this it isn't completely un-true, I am working on a children's book. However it didn't help when JD busted out in to laughter as I said that. He clearly does not know the art of the BS. He later claimed I should have warned him I was going to say that, and if I could have I would have, but like any good BS artist will tell you on the fly is the best. Not only that, but your best friend of 10 years should know when to just play along, especially when his goal for the night was to get me laid. Thanks buddy! Well we hob-nobbed around for a while drank free booze and ate some terrific finger foods. On to the next stop!!!!!
We ended up at Chi-Cha Lounge, a place I rarely go but enjoy every time I do. There was some kinda brouhaha/scene that I won't get into. I've never smoked a hooka, well not one filled with sheeshah anyways, and I notice the table next to me has a couple and a friend (girl) smoking one. Hmmmm. I invite my self over and try it out. I can still taste the peach smoke today, ewww. One thing leads to another my friends ditch me, I make out with the chick in the backseat of her friends car, and at Lucky Bar! Whoohooo! She's here on business and this is her last night in town. Just my luck I meet someone I have an instant connection with and its her last night. Wait a minute that is just my luck!!!!! Proper Business Trip etiquette states if you meet someone at a bar on your last night in another city, make out with him and really get along you should invite him back to your hotel room for a little sumpin' sumpin'...Right? Not the case for me, alas I do enjoy making out, I did get 3 sets of digits, and turned what would have been a night of me scrounging around my cupboards for food, and watching a DVD into a crazee crazee nite!!! So when I awoke 5 hours later, slightly late for work I had no time to iron a shirt, this is why I am wearing my least favorite work shirt.

1 Comments:

At 4:06 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do tell about the brew- haha.....its priceless

 

Post a Comment

<< Home