Thursday, November 16, 2006

A Few Of My Greatest Athletic Moments


DAILY QUOTES


Don't give up, don't ever give up.
~Jim Valvano

Do you know what my favorite part of the game is? The opportunity to play.
~Mike Singletary

And let the winds of the heavens dance between you.
~Kahlil Gibran

Age cannot wither her, nor custom stale her infinite variety. Other women cloy the appetites they feed, but she makes hungry where most she satisfies.
~William Shakespeare

Nano-Nano
1. I Walk The Line ~Johnny Cash
2. Lucifer ~Jay Z
3. In My Place ~Coldplay
4. We All Die One Day
~Obie Trice feat. 50 Cent, Eminem & Lloyd Banks
5. Take Me Home Tonight ~Eddie Money
6. Comin' From Where I'm From ~Anthony Hamilton
7. Baby I Need Your Loving ~The Temptations
8. What Goes Around Comes Around ~Justin Timberlake
9. Guava Jelly ~Bob Marley
10. You Send Me ~Sam Cooke




My Greatest Athletic Moments
(In No Particular Order)

1. Field of Dreams: This was the name we gave the field at the near by elementary school in college. One cold snowy day a football game was played. Steam rose off heads. And I; Threw 1 TD, Caught 1 TD, Ran 1 TD, got 1 INT and 1 Sack. It was a good day.

2. Possibly my first and only basket in Reston Youth Basketball League. I started for my best friends team, but my basic job was to receive the pass from him out of bounds, immediately give it back to him, then set a pick for him. He was no doubt a great player, but his dad was also the coach. There came a time when our team disbanded. In our game verse his new team he was marked up on me. And to this day the only basket I ever remember making was the one right in his face!

3. Godwin Field Tackle Football. We had a great little game of tackle goin on my sophomore year of school. As planned I blocked for 2 seconds then went into the flat. Everyone else was covered I guess, because the ball was thrown my way. I received it and headed straight at James. I tried to out a juke on him and spun left as he grabbed a hold of my favorite Clyde Drexler caricature T-shirt. As I spun my shirt ripped and unraveled up to my nipples leaving me free to run for a TD!

4. MBA. Midnight Basketball Association. We all worked at restaurants, and during the summer we could all get out around 11-12, because Harrisonburg was dead when school was out. After 6 games our teams were tied 3-3. I've mentioned this before at this night was no exception, but I was usually the last person picked, but also usually put up half my team's points. Game 7 was no exception, it came down to a 7-9 score (we played to 11 and behind the arc was 2 points.) Greg passed me the ball and set a pic/screen for me reminiscent of Chris Webber for Mike Bibby. I rose up blindly, because Greg was much taller than I and let the shot go. With the flick of my wrist I sealed the game shwacking a deep sauce 2 pointer for the win!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home