Sunday, February 24, 2008

Falling Down

Quotes

Learn to value yourself, which means: to fight for your happiness.
~Ayn Rand

The real voyage of discovery consists not in seeking new landscapes but in having new eyes.
~Marcel Proust

And in the sweetness of friendship let there be laughter and the sharing of pleasures. For in the dew of little things the heart finds its morning and is refreshed.
~Kahlil Gibran

gPod


1. Falling Down ~Duran Duran
2. I'm On Fire ~Bruce Springsteen
3. Out Of My Mind ~James Blunt
4. Gone ~Kanye West f. COnsequence & Cam'Ron
5. Nothing Compares To You ~Sinead O'Connor
6. The Only Living Boy In New York ~Simon & Garfunkel
7. No Ones Gonna Love You ~Band Of Horses
8. Take Em' Away ~OCMS
9. Nadie ~Prima J (Spanish cover of No One by Alicia Keys)
10. Hide And Seek ~Imogen Heap






I've been couped up in the house since Wednesday afternoon with some mix of bronchial infection and the flu. With my time I have worked from home, watched so many movies I can't remember exactly which ones I've watched, cleaned house, laid on the couch, took the plunge in to Facebook, and thought that Aubrey T. from the Netflix commercial is cutie (she just looks ready to snuggle up to a movie).

I have been filled with regret and second guessing for over a week now. People tell me I shouldn't be, but I wouldn't be human if I wasn't. At the same time if I didn't do what I now regret I wouldn't be me. That's the eternal battle I suppose, sacrifice better judgment to be true to yourself...or live with different regrets. I suppose I've prepared myself for this eventuality among others, either way regret seemed to be involved.

PS I refuse to insert any line from any musical about AIDS and urban life here.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home