Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Perpetuating the VA vs MD Rivalry Pt.1



DAILY QUOTES

Love comforteth like sunshine after rain.
~William Shakespeare

Our lives begin to end the day we become silent about things that matter.
~Martin Luther King Jr.



Top 5 iPod Nano-Nano Songs
1. Dani California ~RHCP
(Still Tops The List I Can't Get Enough)
2. Best of You ~Foo Fighters
3. Happy Valentine's Day ~Andre 3000 (Outkast)
4. Say I ~Christina Millian
5. Stay Fly ~Three 6 Mafia




It is long standing knowledge for natives or long time residents of the DC Metro area, that there is some kind of rivalry/grudge between Marylanders and Virginians. I am here to add fuel to the fire and uphold the animosity. I am a native born an bred Virginian gentleman, and proud of it, so let's be clear on which side I'm on. However I have many friends in the Bethesda area, and really enjoy the night life/bar/restaurant scene up there. So I know those people aren't all bad. One of the major contentions is driving habits, of course Maryland has some of the worst drivers, known for cutting you off just to move ahead one spot, no signaling because I guess they spent too much on the GPS and DVD players in their new Mercedes to afford turn signals. I can understand that maybe the awful roads there bred these bad habits, I fear for my tires and car until I cross back over the Key. I believe that the GW Parkway is one of the nicest drives in the area. It's pretty, usually uncongested (unless you're getting onto to 495 North to MD), and even though it's only 2 lanes and kinda close quarters people drive at reasonable (fast) speeds. I've tried several routes to Bethesda; GW to 495, Wisconsin thru the city, Rock Creek Pkwy, and lately I've been taking Canal Road/Clara Barton/Glen Echo, which seems to be the fastest. I've noticed though (and some of the blame goes to DC) but that last route is like a low rent GW Parkway. Just not as pretty, sorry it's not.

The majestic GW Parkway in the greatest Commonwealth in the Nation, Old Dominion, Virginny!


Ewww Maryland.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home