Thursday, April 06, 2006

What's the Night Life Like in Cyprus?


DAILY QUOTES
In Honor of Robert Nesta Marley's Birthday:

Emancipate yourself from mental slavery, none but ourselves can free our mind.

The more people smoke herb, the more Babylon fall.

The power of philosophy floats through my head, light like a feather, heavy as lead.

~Bob Marley

So go light one up for a true prophet. jah rastafari.
That's what he would want!





Top 5 iPod Nano-Nano Songs
1. (I Love You) For Sentimental Reasons ~Sam Cooke
2. Breakaway ~Kelly Clarkson
3. Voodoo Chile ~Jimi Hendrix
4. Kaya ~Bob Marley
5. Born To Run ~Bruce Springsteen


Yesterday I got somewhat frantic phone call for JD alerting me to a great deal on airfare. Just $35 to go from Toronto to Cyprus in business class! Normally that's a $6000 ticket! Because I've missed out on great fares in the past like LA to Fiji for $0, I figured this would be the time to definitely take advantage. I haven't traveled out of the country in quite some time, and I was tired of being left out (by my own choice) of the great trips my friends go on. Usually these fares are mistakes and don't last too long on the web so I seized the opportunity and bought the ticket. It's commonly known that the airline can pretty much just take the fare away because it's a mistake, or offer vouchers which would be fine too. I'm really excited if this does happen, I know Cyprus isn't the number one destination on my list, in fact it's not even on the list, but WTF right?! I mean...What could be so bad about an island in the Mediterranean? Has anyone been there? If so any suggestions on what to do are much appreciated. Also I may have a full day layover in Milan any suggestions? I mean its Milan I'm sure I can find a model to show me around right?

A BIT OF A RANT:
I'm a little fed up with the grocery shopping situation around Arlington. Giant and Safeway the stores I grew up going to seem to have gone downhill. Harris Teeter is decent but the prices leave something to be desired. Shopper's Food Warehouse is only good for the monster sized donuts which I am avoiding. So that pretty much leaves Whole Foods, which is absolutely amazing, but if I shopped there more than once a month I'd go broke. I like to judge a grocery store on sale items and produce. The only one that really has it all is Wegamn's but hell if I'm gonna drive that far just for some Lean Cuisines and some apples!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home