Wednesday, May 31, 2006

Slumber Party, Fate, and Astrology

DAILY QUOTES
Develop interest in life as you see it; in people, things, literature, music - the world is so rich, simply throbbing with rich treasures, beautiful souls and interesting people. Forget yourself.
~Henry Miller

Love is strong yet delicate.It can be broken. To truly love is to understand this. To be in love is to respect this.
~Stephen Packer


Now I Lay Me Down To Sleep,
I Pray To NANO My Ears To Keep

1. Animal Bar ~RHCP
2. Summer Skin ~Death Cab for Cutie
3. Incomplete ~Backstreet Boys
4. Gone ~Kanye West
5. No Letting Go ~Wayne Wonder








The CNG is crashin' for a little bit with me!! SLUMBER PARTY!!!! Unfortunatley there were no pillow fights, no Truth or Dare, not even a late night movie. Kinda reminds me of some old college days when my apartments would sometimes turn in to a flop house of sorts. I guess I've always had the attitude of what's mine is yours. Having a roommate again is nice even if it's not for very long. The CNG and I are alwyas able to talk about deeper things, architecture, and totally random topics, but remain silly and giggly at the same time.
TJG brought up an interesting notion to me the other day, one that I have contemplated before but perhaps not in the way I have recently. Notion: Certain people cross your path for a reason. I kinda think it's easy to say that because certain significant people wouldn't be in your life if they were not special for one reason or another. But more importantly I think is what lessons about one self, or the world in general have those people taught you. Also couldn't person A who I let in to my life teach me as much as person B whom I did not. It definetly sparked a quqestion in my mind about how to chose who you let in your life, and of those people I have, what have they taught me.
Kind of in the same vein of thought, do things just happen for a reason? Should you just let hings happen to you? Don't you have to affect some kind of change or set something in motion yourself? Obviously everyone has their own take on that one, and I 'm not even sure how I feel about those questions and fate. Interstingly enough I do read my horoscope every morning (in fact sometimes I read 3 different ones). But at the same time I feel like those things are so general they could apply to anyone. Not only that Buttman pointed out to me: When the whole astrology thing and divisions due to birth dates correlation to the stars was formed it was accurate, however since then the stars have shifted over time, so that even though I was born in October and considered a Libra the stars would say different. Going purely by what constellations I was born under I would be a Virgo. However if you knew me at all you would know I exhibit distinctly Libran traits.



3 Comments:

At 2:59 PM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

I am most definitely a Pisces.

 
At 3:19 PM, Blogger Aparna said...

thanks for reading me blog sammygee! you rock. indeed. i will link your bokonist's trumbles on my page so as to find you with more convenience in the future. ~a

 
At 3:34 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

ash- Like a fish to water huh? I figure you were either aquarius or pisces.

Aparna- thanks, hooked u with a link on mine as well. Still wanna catch that stand-up act.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home