Friday, May 19, 2006

Golf and Sir Grot-Alot Pt.2


DAILY QUOTES

There are two kinds of light--the glow that illuminates, and the glare that obscures.
~James Thurber

I love a hand that meets my own with a grasp that causes some sensation.
~Samuel Osgood

Once the game is over, the King and the pawn go back in the same box.
~Italian Proverb





You display the wonderful traits of charm and courtesy.







nano-nano
1. Scar Tissue ~RHCP
2. Crazy ~Gnarls Barkley
3. Slow Cheetah ~RHCP
4. Transformer ~Gnarls Barkley
5. Wet Sand ~RHCP
6. I'll Try ~Gnarls Barkley



Nuthin but fun at the company golf tournament yesterday. Me, JD, Pops and Pops' friend didn't exactly take the field by storm, but we played honest and had a blast. Of course I was the weak link on the team but did manage to sink a 30-40 ft. putt for a birdie!

A quick Sir-Grot-Alot story:
I'll set the scene: Shady liquor night freshman year. I being of low tolerance at the time was already S-faced from the 5 or 6 shots of tequila. SG and Slynig were feelin it too, but had killed a 5th between the two of them. It seemed like a good idea to go across campus to visit some friends in another dorm. Cool!! Guys wait for me! But they didn't. I had a single which was pretty much a skybox because it over looked the football field and one wall was entirely windows. From my room one could also see the backdoor. (Backdoors and SG are another story for another day.) I see SG and Sly walking out the backdoor, and yell form 6 stories up, "Hey wait up!" They turned around and flicked off the entire building and yelled FUCK YOU!!! At which point the entire building erupted into a F-U screaming match back and forth, covering up my pleas for them to wait for me. I was drunk and lazy and decided it was too much effort to chase after them and let them go on their merry way. Lucky thing I did because....
SG and Sly were so drunk they kept falling all over each other by the time they got across campus. A witness from another dorm thought they were fighting and called the campus police. Long story short...Sly ended up in the drunk tank and SG in the hospital with a catheter and a $500 ambulance bill for a 1/2 mile trip to the ER.
Moral of the story: Being drunk and lazy worked out for me, and again what morals?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home