Monday, May 22, 2006

When The Little Hairs on My Neck Stand Up


DAILY QUOTES

The only way most people recognize their limits is by trespassing on them.
~Tom Morris

Love is like quicksilver in the hand. Leave the fingers open and it stays. Clutch it, and it darts away.
~Dorothy Parker


Nano-Nano Under The Covers
1. Simple Man ~Shinedown
(Lynrd Skynrd)
2. Pieces of Me ~Rare Essence
(Ashlee Simpson)
3. Higher Ground ~RHCP
(Stevie Wonder)
4. No Ordinary Love ~Deftones
(Sade)
5. Gone Daddy Gone ~Gnarls Barkley
(Violent Femmes)


Fishing Report: Total Fish Caught By Me: 0

Last night I was flat on my back in a lonely sprawl. The first song I listened to was Simple Man but I decided to listen to the Shinedown version instead of the original. It's actually quite a good version and it's live. I think it may have been playing in Tony Soprano's car on last nights episode, and that's what prompted me to listen to it. It got me thinking a little bit and because I have an over-active mind I started to think about the Rolling Stones song Gimmie Shelter. The version I'm talking about is on the Hot Rocks album and it seems to be a live version. There is one part where a female vocalist sings the chorus, and sings so high pitched her voice cracks. That specific little part always makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck and get the chills. I love it and I love that feeling. Different things do it for different people, but alot of the the time it happens to me through music. Amazing Grace does it for me. Some Gospel music. (Reminder I'm Jewish so the type of Gospel I mean is the in the Church foot stompin' kind, not the modern day Kirk Franklin stuff.)

So I ask: What does it for you????





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home