Monday, May 15, 2006

Q-Tip: Keeping it Old Skool


DAILY QUOTES

The words that enlighten the soul are more precious than jewels.
~Hazrat Inayat Khan

Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
~James Baldwin


Remember yesterday, but live for today.






1. Transformer ~Gnarls Barkley
2. Torture Me ~RHCP
3. Ghetto Musick ~Big Boi (Outkast)
4. My Doorbell ~The White Stripes
5. Moment of Clarity ~Jay Hova







This an homage to a seemingly mundane hygiene product.
THE Q-TIP

Who doesn't love that feeling of swabbing out the ear? For me it borders on orgasmic. Okay well that maybe taking it a little too far, but seriously it is one of the best feelings. I know I'm not supposed to do it every morning, but something wouldn't seem right if I didn't. I know you're only supposed to go around the outside part of the ear and not in the ear-hole, but c'mon that thing just begs to be stuck in and twirled a lil' bit. Oh Q-tip how I love thee, you're as hi-tech as you'll ever be, but yet still reach maximum efficiency. In this day and age of 5-Bladed, vibrating razors (yes there is a 5 blader out there), power stripes on deodorant, and tooth brushes with built in polish and tongue scrapping capabilities, the Q-tip stays old skool.


So versatile too, can be used for art projects, and cleaning electronics!! The best are the original with the sturdy cardboard/paper stem. So go home and clean out ya ears son!

I also love this Q-Tip!

6 Comments:

At 1:10 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

I also share your feelings for both varieties of Q-tips. Did you know the Q stands for Queens, where Q-tip is from? I only think you would care because for some reason I think you are from NY.

Anyway, quite unfortunate, his name is now Kamaal Ibn John Fareed (he converted to Islam)
*sigh*

 
At 2:07 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

Nuthin wrong w/ Islam if thats what Q wants. Not from NY but my roots are from Brooklyn.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

"For me it borders on orgasmic"

that was one of my made-up words on Tara's blog- "Eargasm." I have one every time I swab- like a mini-orgasm.

 
At 7:17 AM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

Ready for action, nip it in the bud.
We never relaxin’, OutKast is everlastin’
Not clashin’, not at all
But see my nigga went to do a little actin’
Now that’s for anyone askin’
Give me one, pass em’
Drip, drip, drop... There goes an eargasm.
-Outkast

 
At 10:40 AM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

yeah, I've heard that...but I was using "eargasm" back in high school. All of these clever words were actually ones I made up- everyone uses my shit without thanking me. :-)

 
At 3:30 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

Thank you Ash, thank you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home