Wednesday, October 11, 2006

My Friends Were My Favorite Birthday Gift

DAILY QUOTES

The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it.
~Ayn Rand

Just to be is a blessing. Just to live is holy.
~Rabbi Abraham Heschel


It's Wednesday and my birthday weekend is officially over. I called in sick to make a delightful 3-day weekend an even longer and more satisfying 4-day weekend! Plus I had another job interview so what the hell, gotta use all my sick hours before they vanish into thin air. So Friday started off great! I negotiated mo money out of Big Company and gladly put my 2 week notice in with Small Company. That was birthday present uno to myself. Got the hairs cut at the usual spot w/ JD. Then it was off to a nice dinner at Evening Star in Del Ray with the rents, JD and Biddle. The food was great, as always at Evening Star. JD Biddle and I made a quick stop by JD's office to fax my official acceptance to Big Company, then to Shoppers to big up a JMU Duke Dog Cake for the tailgate on Saturday. Alot of peeps showed up for the Journey cover band and Birthday Celebration at Clarendon Grill, and I'm soooo happy I ahd my closest friends there with me. Yes I wore a construction paper/ glitter lettered crown. yes I got many hugs from the hotties at the bar. And yes I was eventually left there by myself outlasting all that came!

Saturday was not the best day for tailgating as the wind, cold and rain wreaked havoc on our picnic. We huddled together in the Ryther's car and had awesome wraps and soup. The guys were brave enough to watch the first half of the game as the girls went for coffee and gossiped about girl stuff. I bought myself B-Day present dos, a fitted JMU hat!

Sunday the day of rest anf football, nuff said.

Monday JD, JF and myself tried to take the K-9 Kruiser out for one of it's final voyages. We needed to burn off the $200 worth of gas. Unfortunately thats easier said then done, especially when the gas won't make it to the engine. So we opted for a mid-day BBQ and cards.

Tuesday I called in sick, and wnet to another interview with Big Government Department. It went really well, because of the confidence I had in my hip pocket. Thanks to Big Company.

All I really wanna say is thank you to all my friends that came out on Friday night. I'm not sure where I'd be without you guys. Seeing everyone was the best brithday gift of all!

Now the moment Benjie's been waiting for:


BENJIE'S HOTTIE CORNER PRESENTS:
Natalie Portman
(She's hot cuz she's a Sabra)




2 Comments:

At 12:44 PM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

happy belated birthday and congrats on the new job!

 
At 2:20 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

Thanks Ash!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home