Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Roasted Chicken With Egyptian Spices

Quotes

Every child is an artist. The problem is how to remain an artist once he grows up.
~Pablo Picasso

Sometimes the questions are complicated and the answers are simple.
~Dr. Seuss

An idea is salvation by imagination.
~Frank Lloyd Wright



gPod Naano

1. No One ~Alicia Keys
2. Loose Lips ~Kimya Dawson
3. Right On Time ~RHCP
4. Desire ~U2
5. Do It Again ~Jay Z with Memphis Bleek
6. Where Do We Go From Here ~Alicia Keys
7. So Nice So Smart ~Kimya Dawson
8. Respect This Hustle ~T.I.
9. Love In War ~Andre 3000
10. The Nutcracker No.12 Character Dances: Coffee (Arabian Dance)






I set a goal for myself in the aught eight...cook at least one new recipe a week. Week One started off with a bang...Roasted Chicken with Egyptian Spices. Yum. Of course I didn't stick exactly to the recipe substituting oranges for lemons (it's what I had on hand), adding raisins and nutmeg, and dictated by the thawing process and lack of reading the instructions I did not marinate the chicken for at least 8 hours. Nevertheless my improvisations remained true the essence of the instructional directitude, and produced a super tasty roasted chickawn. See below:

Life is busy. I had a terrific DC Restaurant Week, hitting up Acadiana (Soooooo delicious and great company to boot!) , Sam & Harry's (Can I go to the backroom?), and my first Ruth's Chris experience (Relaxing, stimulating conversation, butter drenched fun times). 't
Life is slightly drama filled. Either created in my head or gulag related, it isn pleasant and isn't my style.
Life is sumpin' else.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home