Sunday, February 10, 2008

Straight Through the Valley of Rookie Potential

You don't love someone because they're perfect, you love them in spite of the fact that they're not.
~Jodi Picoult

A coward is incapable of exhibiting love; it is the prerogative of the brave.
~Mahatma Gandhi

Life is the flower for which love is the honey.
~Victor Hugo

The Eskimos had fifty-two names for snow because it was important to them: there ought to be as many for love.
~Margaret Atwood



If you continually give, you will continually have.










gPod

1. Afraid ~Nelly Furtado
2. Tree Hugger ~Antsy Pants
3. Unconditional ~The Bravery
4. A Whiter Shade of Pale ~Procol Harum
5. Here I Am (Come And Take Me) ~ Al Green
6. I'm Still Waiting ~Bob Marley
7. Five-O ~James
8. The People ~Common
9. Desire ~Pharoahe Monch
10. Mary Jane Shoes ~Fergie







One good clue to who I am and the way I operate in this world can be found in the way I play strategy games or even fantasy football. I guess I give this information away at the risk of losing a few games of Risk or Gin Rummy...but sometimes risking it all is worth the payoff. Strategy games often require thinking ahead and finesse...which does not often blend well with my charge full-steam-ahead...hope one of my redcoats makes it through the middle of the valley that has highly skilled Mohawk Indian warriors flanking either side of the "funnel" ala the beautiful but violent scene from Michael Mann's Last of the Mohicans style. I am also known for drafting rookie wide receivers (sometimes up to 5 rounds earlier than they should be picked) in my fantasy football league. Some might say what's wrong with that? Let me count the ways first then I'll explain what my thinking is...
Rookie wide receivers are often a bad pick in fantasy football because: they hardly ever start, when they do their production is usually limited, and after the top 5 receivers it's pretty much a crap shoot.
So why do I do it?
Because it would be like hitting the lottery, that rookie wide receiver is nothing but pure potential. Its almost like throwing water balloons from the 3 stories up...you might miss your target a couple of times, but when you do nail that noggin square on the ensuing hilarity is a real high. And that' s what I'm looking for that high of splashing my fantasy league with the liquid potential of my rook WR.
And that's my life I charge ahead full steam on...I know no finesse and I bet on potential... I want one of crazy risks to pan out and drench my life in the realization of pure potential...pure payoff, and happiness.

1 Comments:

At 2:11 PM, Blogger B and T Crowd said...

"I know no finesse and I bet on potential." Well said my friend.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home