Sunday, January 06, 2008

Football Dissappointment?

Daily Quotes

Happiness in intelligent people is the rarest thing I know.
~Ernest Hemingway

The truth is more important than the facts.
~Frank Lloyd Wright (1869 - 1959)

Leeloo: Leeloo Dallas mul-ti-pass.
Korben Dallas: Yeah.
Leeloo: Mul-ti-pass.
Korben Dallas: Yeah, multipass, she knows it's a multipass. Leeloo Dallas. This is my wife.
Leeloo: Mul-ti-pass.
Korben Dallas: We're newlyweds. Just met. You know how it is. We bumped into each other, sparks happen...
Leeloo: Mul-ti-pass.
Korben Dallas: Yes, she knows it's a multipass. Anyway, we're in love.
~From The Fifth Element

gPod Nano

1. Anyone Else But You ~The Moldy Peaches
2. Sometimes (Lester Piggott) ~James
3. My Moon My Man ~Feist
4. So Nice So Smart ~Kimya Dawson
5. Sea Lion Woman ~Feist
6. One Of The Three ~James
7. Tire Swing ~Kimya Dawson
8. P.S. ~James


What a let down?
First and foremost let me say all honors, pride, and adulations to my two favorite teams in their battles over the past football season. Both the Steelers of Pittsburgh and the Dukes of JMU poured every bit of heart and strength they had on the field this year, and for this I am grateful. Both my teams pulled up short in the first round of their respective playoffs by a total of of 3 points and 47 seconds combined!!!! I have gone from the most triumphant feeling to my heart residing in my toe twice this post season. I could say I am disappointed and I wouldn't be lying because the truth is both these teams could have legitimately gone this distance. If I were a fan you may find common in my locale I would blame injuries or referees...but I what would that matter? What would silly excuses do? I wouldn't be fooling myself. Now come the dark times between football seasons where I keep occupied with NCAA B-ball, Baseball, and NASCAR....I'm thrilled really I am.

In other news go see...one of my favorite movies in a really long time...ok maybe not that long but for sure I last made this claim (possibly Blood Diamond)....


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home