Thursday, May 11, 2006

The Plan Was This

DAILY QUOTES
You must lose a fly to catch a trout.
~George Herbert
You're only given a little spark of madness. You mustn't lose it.
~Robin Williams

Love is an electric blanket with somebody else in control of the switch.
~ Cathy Carlyle


The plan was this:
JD and I would meet JF at the Clarendon Whole Foods, purchase whatever we wanted, sample some wine, some cheese and take in the "sights," as there are usually a bunch of young lovelies there around 530 the designated time of our rendezvous. After purchasing foodstuffs we would then transport them to Foggy Bottom for a boy's night in, a meal cooked by 3 great culinarily gifted young men, a couple bottles of wine and general banter.
What really happened:
JD and I arrived first to Whole Foods as JF was due to arrive by metro. I knew some of the things we needed to purchase so we began the shopping. After looking at the scallop prices, putting 2 items in the basket, putting them back, putting 2 more items in the basket and then putting those back, JD and I made the executive decision to eat out. We then encountered MR. JF in the parking lot while he was on the phone with his "honey schmoopy woopy" or whatever he called her maybe just "hun" but for story telling purposes the former is much funnier. We did all find it necessary even though we knew we wouldn't be purchasing anything to re-enter Whole Foods and sample the wines and cheeses.

So then it was off to Zed's in Georgetown for some Ethiopian grub. My first time with this cuisine but I had been wanting to try it for some time. Zed's is a great location which offered outdoor seating, with the weather as it was last night there couldn't have been a better choice. Plus the opportunity to PEOPLE WATCH or ogle in G-town on a warm late spring evening is hard to pass up. The food was great but the people watching even better.

People watching might be one of my favorite pastimes. Sometimes I make up stories about people which as a writer I feel it necessary to do. Sometimes I just take mental notes of behavior and quirks of the masses. Georgetown not only provides a wide variety of hotties, but also a wide variety of wierdos too! Be it Euro-trash whose cologne you can smell on the sidewalk while he drives his Porsche, or maybe its Old Man River in an immaculately pressed $5000 suit holding a Burberry bag which probably just had a rubber dong which he would later use on himself. Perhaps its the dirty crazy unkempt guy who with mouth agape was trying to see despite the fact he had rigged up some pair of super eyeglasses by taping one pair of corrective lenses on top of another and not exactly going shy on the duct tape either. Maybe its the girl with a parrot climbing all over her boobs. Definitely it's all the Boscs and Bartletts, there's no doubt about that.

5 Comments:

At 9:37 AM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

I used to work in g-town, and my favorite person there is the crazy homeless lady. She hangs out on M St.- usually outside of Kate Spade and yells at all of the rich tourists as they come out of the stores. My first day working in g-town, she came up to me and yelled "I said he's Irish and he's a damn liar!" I'll never forget that- she scared the bejesus out of me. She seems to remember who she's already "initiated" tho- because she never bothered me again.

 
At 9:38 AM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

and darling, why do you moderate comments? it's not like you write anything offensive- you don't have to worry about people leaving hate comments.

 
At 9:49 AM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

I also met "Breezy" who apprently is a homeless guy my friends fiance be-friended and got into a halfway house.

Ash- Notsure why I moderate the comments, soemtimes I get "spam" comments I guess thats why. But no worries I rarely censor.

 
At 1:06 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

IF you are in DC and getting Ethiopian, you MUST go to Meskarem in Adams Morgan

 
At 2:01 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

Yeah we thought about Meskarem, but we anted to keep it in the G-town area. It's a fav of JF so we could ahve easily gone there.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home