Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Music Reviews


DAILY QUOTES

I'm fightin for strength, in the street grindin for cents
I know I'm ahead of my time but I'm behind on my rent
~Rhymefest from Devil's Pie on the album Blue Collar

Only the words of love kept alive are worthy of not being wasted
~Arlo Guthrie







BENJIE'S HOTTIE CORNER PRESENTS:
SCARLETT JOHANSSON

Highly, highly reccomend the album Blue Collar by Rhymefest. Rhymefest wrote/co-wrote Jesus Walks for Kanye West, and basically won a Grammy before his own album even came out. If you like Kanye's producing skillz, then you're assured to like this album. Rhymesfest definetly brings it where flow/lyrical abilities ae concerned. The album has alot of cameo/guest spots on it that don't dissappoint either.

Pharrel's new album In My Mind, needs another listen before I give it a comlete review, but as expected I like maybe half the songs. Maybe I'm tired of the Neptunes sound, or I expected more, and somehting a little different or groundbreaking, but I'm not gonna come right out and say it's a great album yet. Especially not before another full listen. It did however put me to sleep, which in my strange way is the sign of a good album.

Johnny Cash's posthoumous release American V: A Hundred Highways, does fufill expectations. His haunting yet soothing voice does justice to a few different covers including Sprinsteen, Hank Williams Jr., and even Gordon Lightfoot songs. A must have for any Johnny Cash fan.
I have yet to get a complete copy of Jurrasic 5's new album, which will happen later tonight. But when I do expect a review.

In other news I'm super excited for my trip to Cyprus, which will commence in 8 days. Everything planning and prepping wise is going along smoothly. This will be my first trip out of the USA in amore than 15 years, and my first substantial vacation in almost 4.

1 Comments:

At 12:15 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

my back hurts

 

Post a Comment

<< Home