Wednesday, August 30, 2006

Puttin' On The Ritz, Yes Taco

DAILY QUOTES

I do not feel obliged to believe that the same God who has endowed us with sense, reason, and intellect has intended us to forgo their use.
~Galileo Galilei

Love is that condition in which the happiness of another person is essential to your own.
~Robert Heinlein

Anybody Remember this?
I remember my father and I playing this 45 over and over again. This is a slight peek into my father's musical taste. He loves the old time favorites like; Count Basie, Benny Goodman, Glenn Miller, ya know the swing era. Does this mean my pop is a closet swinger? Jesus I hope not. Well my mother and father did alot to shape my musical tastes. One of my fondest memories of growing up would be driving in the car w/ my pops. On the way to soccer practice or going to the lumber yard to pick up supplies for the latest project on the honey-do list. We would hop in his circa 1983 Cream with Tan top Buick Skylark, and he would ak me, backroads or regular? My answer would always be backroads, and he knew it. That was part of the charm of growing up in NOVA when I did. It was still relatively un-developed and the curvy, hilly, narrow roads meandered through the woods. In my mind these roads were once trails and dirt paths hewn out of the forest by ealrly colonial settlers, but had just been paved over in more in the modern era. Almost always my pop would have a tape ready to play, and almost 75% of the time it was CCR (Creedance Clearwater Revival). I grew up on CCR, Simon and Garfunkel, and a bunch of other folksy stuff, but swing music made an appearance too. Somewhere down the line I progressed in to Hip-Hop, and many more genres, but I never forget what I was raised on.




Now what some of you have been waiting for:
BENJIE'S HOTTIE CORNER PRESENTS:
By a Special Request from Benjie Himself:



Marissa Miller





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home