Monday, September 18, 2006

Hey Lando Meet Rockit

DAILY QUOTES
The true measure of a man is how he treats someone who can do him absolutely no good.
~Samuel Johnson

Better to have loved a short man than never to have loved a tall.
~David Chambless

Love is like pi -- natural, irrational, and very important.
~Lisa Hoffman


This weekend was kinda all over the place. I had already changed into my sweats and settled in for a much needed ass-to-couch night, when I coaxed out by CNG to see The Last Kiss. Another Zach Braff mid-life/quarter life crisis movie, but a very good one indeed. Casey Affleck's minimal time on screen was very good, and Rachel Bilson and Jacinda Barrett were both lookin' pretty hot. Saturday afternoon the whole gand went to see a free Jazz competition held by the Thelonius Monk Institute at the Natural History Museum. We only stayed for the first hgalf, but got to see some amazingly talanted piansts. Not to mention Herbie Hancock, was one of the judges, and Thelonius Monk Jr. and Billy Dee Williams hosted. Which means I was in the same room with the composer of Axel F and Lando Calrissian at the same time, which was a boost to the 80's ego. Sunday was definetly a bachelors day conssiting of football, football, laundry and football.

I think I've finally adopted the whatever attitude when it comes to matters of the heart. Ya know 99 problems but a bitch ain't one. A slight rekindling in a recent interest, but not sure that fire is gonna get started/remain lit. Which is fine with my newly adopted philosophy, and the prospects of more irons in the fire. But only time will tell. I was kinda in the dumps this past week, and hanging with friends gave me the perspective I needed. Oh that and the landing the job interview for Wednesday, which couldn't come at a better time as I got a notice that my rent is going up by 14%. I have moved 12 or 13 times in the past 11 years, and even a 14% increase which I can't afford is probably not enough to make me move. I have till the end of this week to let them know, but odds are I'm staying put and getting a second job if I have to.

I'm not that guy, but despite my friends mostly being Redskin fans, I think my hater policy fo them has expanded. My new reason for disliking and rooting against the Dead-Skins is spite. Personal spite and the wish of misfortune on someone elses favorite team.
Ray-Ray asked me, "Why not just wish a bad ahir day on them?"
My response, "I'm a boy and think in terms of football."
I really have no ill will against anybody, even RedskinsFan, but I'm also only human.


BENJIE'S HOTTIE CORNER PRESENTS:
Redskins Cheerleader Arlene
Better Guns then Brunell?????



3 Comments:

At 11:12 AM, Blogger Ashburnite said...

I think a "whatever" attitude about dating is the best thing you can do....it saves you from a lot of frustration.

 
At 2:42 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

Well that seems to be the attitude I get from those I date, so ehy not adopt the philosophy. But yeah saves you from some heartache.

 
At 5:02 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm dying...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home