Wednesday, March 01, 2006

Side Dishes and I Ain't Talkin' Bout Shorty Biscuits

DAILY QUOTES

You come to love not by finding the perfect person, but by seeing an imperfect person perfectly. ~Sam Keen

I drank to drown my pain, but the damned pain learned how to swim, and now I am overwhelmed by this decent and good behavior.
~Frida Kahlo

My Fortune Last Night:
Someone special is thinking of you right now.
(Really!?!? My mommy always said I was special.)


Top 5 iPod Nano-Nano Songs
1. Scar Tissue ~RHCP
2. In Your Eyes ~Peter Gabriel
3. Slow Motion ~Juvenile
4. Stay Fly ~Three 6 Mafia
5. Scenario ~Tribe Called Quest

Mom's Homecookin'
Tonight I am due to pay a visit to the 'rents house for a home cooked meal. My mom is a great cook, but by far my favorite part of most every meal are the sides. If I could have a meal that consisted only of side dishes it would be my dream come true. They say variety is the spice of life, and I wholeheartdly believe that, especially in the realm of culinary delights. I have been known to order Chinese takeout consisting of only appetizer; dumplings, eggrolls, soup, crab Rangoon etc. With that being said my dream meal of my mom's cooking would consist of the following:
Squash Casserole
Casseroles are a little 1950's but damn does Ma make a good Summer Squash Casserole. Complete with the fried onion thingys on top!
Yummy! Don't know who that old woman is in the pic certainly not Mom-dukes.
Potato Salad
Possibly my favorite thing ma makes. Lots o' dill, not to overpowering of any flavors and just a solid classic side dish.
Potato Salad=BBQ time!
Noodle Kugel
One of the best things we Jews offer culinarily. Cinnamon, raisins, egg noodles and home goodness! Comfort foods are the best!
Oy vey that's good kugel!
Finally to round it all out,
Gazpacho
It's my contention that my Gazpacho recipe which was derived form Mom's as exceeded her's in flavor and quality. But then again I'm a cocky a-hole when it comes to my own cooking.


Hey! My soup's cold!...What!? It's supposed to be??

1 Comments:

At 3:07 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you'd love eatzi's...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home