Monday, April 17, 2006

What To Do With Leftover Dry Cleaner Hangers

DAILY QUOTES

I wouldn't recommend sex, drugs or insanity for everyone, but they've always worked for me. ~Hunter S. Thompson

There is no remedy for love but to love more.
~Henry David Thoreau



Feels like I step on fortune cookie!
...That no cookie!

A conscience is what hurts when all your other parts feel so good.



New iPod Nano-Nano Playlist
Created for Windows Down Summer Weather
Drives To and Fro
(In Order)
1. Dani California ~RHCP
2. What You Know ~TI
3. Temperature ~Sean Paul
4. Say I ~Christina Millian
5. Stay Fly ~Three 6 Mafia
6. Head in the Zone ~Sean Paul
7. Chyna Black ~Anthony Hamilton
8. Grind With Me ~Pretty Ricky
9. Head to Toe ~Sean Paul
10. Back Again ~Dilated Peoples
11. Nuthin But A G' Thang ~Dr. Dre
12. Crazy ~Gnarls Barkley
13, Lucifer ~Jay-Z
14. Growing Pains ~Ludacris
15. Slow Motion ~Juvenile
16. Livin' a Movie ~Kanye West
17. Through the Wire (Remix) ~Kanye West
18. Twisted ~Keith Sweat
19. Your Body ~Pretty Ricky
20. Never Gonna Be the Same ~Sean Paul
21. Poppin My Collar ~Three 6 Mafia
22. U Remind Me ~Usher
23. Basically ~Gnarls Barkley

I finally began the art project I've been thinking about for a couple weeks, thank you JD for the tools. I was cleaning my closet, thinking HOLY SHIT I have a lot of white metal hangers from the dry cleaners. Normally I just pitch em' , which doesn't seem right, so I decided to bend snip and manipulate them in to a sculpture. Which would serve two purpose, alleviate some pent up creative energy and spruce up my barren place. I have no preliminary sketch, but a few ideas in my head. Soon I will have to decide on a direction though. One thought was to use the wire as a skeletal structure to wrap colored thread around and hang said object on the wall. But the beauty of sculpture is the possibility of working in 3 dimensions. I have previously made a cocoon like hanging structure which still hangs over my bed at my parents house. So maybe an updated version of that.
More creative juices flowed as I neared 1st draft completion of my 1st installment of a serial/cliffhanger fiction blog. Several more drafts to go.

recommendations:
Music: Gnarls Barkley, St. Elsewhere
Not out yet but the single Crazy is really good. I saw this on someone else's blog on DCBlogs Live, and if I could remember which one I would give them props. A callabo effort from Cee-Lo and Dj Danger Mouse, 70's-ish R&B style, different but really good!

1 Comments:

At 11:42 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you've got good taste in music :)..

 

Post a Comment

<< Home