Wednesday, June 07, 2006

Just Like Music

DAILY QUOTES

To live a creative life, we must lose our fear of being wrong.
~Joseph Chilton Pearce

What worries you masters you.
~Haddon W. Robinson

Those who love deeply never grow old; they may die of old age, but they die young.
~Sir Arthur Pinero



NANO

1. Where Is My Mind ~James Blunt
(Awesome Cover of The Pixies Tune)
2. Like Glue ~Sean Paul
3. Super Bad ~James Brown
4. Ghetto Musick ~Big Boi
5. If I Can't ~50 Cent




I crave music like a termite craves wood. I get on certain kicks too, and it doesn't take much to spark one. For instance: I watched the Fitty Cent movie the other night, then spent the next day rummaging thru all my cds to trying to find his first album, so that I could add it to the Nano. Also stumbled upon/realized the live James Blunt I downloaded some time ago included a cover of Where is My Mind by the Pixies. One of my absolute favorite Pixies tune, so naturally I rummaged around for Surfer Rosa (The Pixies album w/ that song). It keeps me going I suppose, although ironically my office has been silent since the new guy moved in. I know he isn't disturbed by it, but at a time when I need music the most to make the day go by faster, I'm not listening to any. I think right about now it's time to go charge the Nano and bring some aural flava to the office.
I also love the lineage or roots of a lot of music, and that's probably why I'm into Hip-Hop so much. I love trying to figure out what's been sampled and finding the original version. Or what other rapper/song is being paid homage/dissed and listening to that. I'd love t see someone come up with a family tree type of thing linking either other referenced/sampled songs to each other. I mean...I would do it but that takes a lot of effort and a some what OCD attitude, neither of which I have the patience for.
I'm always open to recommendations and new music, I will at least give it a listen. My tastes are so wide and varied in music, so I always keep an open mind.
ANY MUSIC SUGGESTIONS? LEAVE A COMMENT!!!








2 Comments:

At 3:36 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

check out DZihan & Kamien, either Freaks and Icons or Gran Riserva. I prefer Freaks and Icons. (Downtempo/Ambient)

Also, check out J-Live, either All of the Above or The Hear After. I prefer All of the Above. (east coast rap)

enjoy

 
At 3:39 PM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

I know all bout J-Live. Thanks for the suggestions.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home