Tuesday, June 20, 2006

No Brainers

DAILY QUOTES

This is supposed to be a happy occasion. Let's not bicker and argue about who killed who.
~Swamp King

Where love rules, there is no will to power; where power predominates, there love is lacking. The one is the shadow of the other.
~Carl Jung

Say when mi look up ina mi life its plain to see.
That its never gonna be the same.
Take another step on towards my destiny.
But the memories still remain.
Deep ina mi brain inna mi soul I hold the key.
Said its never gonna be the same.
Throughout life and beyond all eternity.
Yo, we keep burnin up the flame.
~Sean Paul


Nano Nano

1. No Woman No Cry ~Bob Marley
2. Charlie ~RHCP
3. Through The Wire (Remix) ~Kanye West
4. Never Gonna Be The Same ~Sean Paul
5. They Say Vision ~RES





Sometimes you just wanna watcha stupid, mindless movie. You have a few options here: comedy, action or horror. I usually choose the first two over the third. Some movies are supposed to be entertainment for entertainments sake. When your mind is worn out or dull from a hard days work or just running amok in general these are the only solution, its no time to try to figure out what the hell is goin' on in a movie like Seven or The Sixth Sense. Don't get me wrong I love those movies too, but I know when its time for a no-brainer. Recently I watched Sahara which brought to celluloid the adventures of Clive Cussler's Dirk Pitt. Brilliant No Brianer. Flight of the Phoenix falls in to the action NoBrainer, though it wasn't as good. Last night after 1/2 price burgers at Whitlow's w/ JD and CNG, CNG and I threw The Ringer into the DVD player. I absolutely love Farrelly Brothers movies and thought this was one. Apparently the produced it but did not direct, which I think htey probably should have. It was pretty funny, although I felt bad laughing at mentally and physically handicapped people. But I also realized how funny they were, and by this I mean they had great timing and great delivery of their line, they did a fantastic job! Still felt a little bad though. Which brings me to a confession: I watched and enjoyed Duece Bigelow: European Giggolo. Didn't tink I would, and kinda went into it nto wnting to like it, but sometimes a good man-whore joke is all you need.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home