Smart & Funny Jews Edition: 2 Alberts and a Mel
Tragedy is when I cut my finger. Comedy is when you walk into an open sewer and die.
1. If I Die Young – The Band Perry
2. We’re All In This Together – OCMS
3. Emotional Rescue – The Rolling Stones
4. Shining Star – Earth, Wind & Fire
5. Rumble – Link Wray
6. May This Be Love – Jimi Hendrix
7. Chloe Dancer/Crown of Thorns – Mother Love Bone
8. Bad Reputation – Freedy Johnston
9. I Would Die 4 U – Prince
10. Wanna Be Startin’ Somethin’ – Michael Jackson
½ Head of Broccoli (Chopped Roughly)
1 Leek (Sliced fairly fine…use the white part only)
2-3 Cloves of Garlic (minced)
2-4 Slices of Thick-Cut Applewood Smoked Bacon(Sliced into small bacon-bit sized pieces)
1 Tablespoon Olive Oil
½ Cup Cream (I used Low-Fat Heavy Whipping Cream, but use any variation)
1-2 cups Vegetable Stock (Chicken Stock can be used too)
Salt and Pepper to taste (not much salt is needed, the bacon takes care of that.)
1. In a big soup/pasta pot, heat the olive oil. (Temp should be on medium/medium-high)
2. Once hot add the bacon pieces.
3. Let the bacon get nice and crispy and all the delicious fat render out.
4. Remove the bacon crispies and reserve on a paper towel. (I started a big plate for reserved items because you will need to reserve some of the veggies too!)
5. Add the Garlic, Leeks, Cauliflower, and Broccoli to the olive oil/bacon fat.
6. Add some fresh cracked black pepper.
7. Cook the Veggies until you get some good color/caramelization, but not completely soft.
8. Remove about 1/8 – 1/4 of the veggies and reserve for later.
9. Add enough Vegetable Stock so it doesn’t quite cover the veggies.
10. Scrape all the caramelized goodness off the bottom of the pan and let the veggies cook until they are soft.
11. Once the veggies are soft, add the Cream.
12. Cook and stir mixture, remove from heat before the cream comes to a boil.
13. Add the entire mixture to a blender (can be done in batches) and blend in unti creamy smooth. (Salt can be added at this point if needed)
14. Pour the creamy, pale green soup in to bowls and top with the reserved veggies and bacon crispies!