Friday, March 03, 2006

I Didn't Wanna Do It But...(American Idol)

DAILY QUOTES

There is a space between man's imagination and man's attainment that may only be traversed by his longing.
~Kahlil Gibran

We should not let our fears hold us back from pursuing our hopes.
~John F. Kennedy




My Fortune Cookie Said:

Love lights up your life.
(Ummmm sure.)






Top 5 iPod Nano-Nano Songs
1. Temperature ~Sean Paul
2. Wisemen ~James Blunt
3. Nice & Slow ~Usher
4. Twisted ~Keith Sweat
5. Somebody's Gotta Do It ~The Roots

It's not that I'm at a loss for blog topics, (well kinda) but I do have to talk about American Idol. I usually give up on the show after the first auditions, but this year I maybe sticking with it. Hey it gives me some "water cooler" kibitz and quite frankly I've invested my time so far. Last night was the guy's turn. They all sang fairly well but I definitely flip flopped on my man Gedeon. I was originally turned off by him because of his cheesy ear to ear grin and his robotesque way of speaking. But he sang one of my favorites (A Change Is Gonna Come by Sam Cooke) and sang it extremely well.



Can someone take the fish hooks from either side of my mouth?


While not quite as impressive and certainly not the best of last night's performances Bucky stayed right in his wheel house singing Thunder Rolls by Garth Brooks. A somewhat predictable song choice for this young southern man, but he's a Simple Man. Bucky reminds me of someone I knew when I lived in Harrisonburg, VA hell he reminds me of several people I knew in Harrisonburg. Rednecks are a simple people who know what they like; Chickens and Dumplings, Hamburgers, Budweiser, NASCAR and Southern Rock! Quite endearing actually.
But for God's sake his name is BUCKY!!!! My American Idol will never be named Bucky.


Bucky's my name and Southern Rock's my game. My name is BUCKY!?!?!!!






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home