Thursday, March 09, 2006

Life as a John Hughes Movie

DAILY QUOTES
The chemist who can extract from his heart's elements compassion, respect, longing, patience, regret, suprise, and forgiveness and compound them into one can create that atom which is called love.
~Kahlil Gibran
Anyone can be passionate, but it takes real lovers to be silly.
~Rose Franken

My Fortune Cookie Said:
Many pages make a thick book.
(Thick is good.)

Top 5 iPod Nano Nano Songs
1. Caring Is Crazy ~The Shins
2. Twistin' The Night Away ~Sam Cooke
3. Walking With A Ghost ~Thw White Stripes
4. I Got The Feelin' ~James Brown
5. Sex Mexican Maid ~RHCP

Sometimes I wish my life was like a movie, in particular a John Hughes movie. There always seems to be some kind of love triangle and an improbable love connection in the end. Where either the geeky or un-hip guy gets the popular girl or two friends realize they love each other. I have a bad habit of falling for the one I probably can get or one that is in an impossible situation. I can count 2 times that these crushes have led to something more significant even if it was fleeting and brief. It was inevitable that I wax poetic about love, even though I have been trying to avoid blogging about it for a while. The search or attainment of love has always been in the forefront of my life, some days I look hard, search high and low, others it just comes to me. I cannot help but think that those sappy 80's, John Hughes style movies have influenced my outlook on life. I am part of the Molly Ringwald, Patrick Dempsey, John Cusack, Brat Pack generation, when sometimes love involved whoring yourself out of a pizza shop, cross-dressing to be "Just One of the Guys," when you would do the craziest stuff just to get the girls attention, and it always worked out some way or another in the end. I'm not afraid "it" won't work out for me in the end, but sometimes can't help but thinking I deserve what or who I want. Ahh nostalgia, bring me back to jelly bracelets, neon pink everything, skinny ties and cookie cutter romance movies.

2 Comments:

At 10:33 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

John Hughes movies ruined my life- there is no such man as Jake Ryan and yet I forever will be searching for him...

And I'm apparantly not the only one

 
At 3:18 AM, Blogger Shannon said...

Jake Ryans are a dime a dozen.
Be Ducky. Or Bender.

:swoon:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home