Wednesday, March 08, 2006

OT Pee Break

DAILY QUOTES
I bent my wookie.
~Ralph Wiggum
Love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and know we cannot live within.
~James Baldwin

Top 5 iPod Nano-Nano Songs
1. Ghetto Snow ~Talib Kweli (Common and Anthony Hamilton)
2. Glycerine ~Bush
3. Just What I Needed ~The Cars
4. Rodeo ~Juvenile
5. Cry ~Faith Hill


I am a firm believer of sporting events never being over until that final bell, buzzer or whistle blows. I bit my nails during all the Steelers playoff games including the Super Bowl until that final second ticked off the clock. However lately I have gone against my firm stance and it has bit me in the ass. Last weekend I was in the ski lodge watching the conclusion of the GW vs UNCC basketball game. An overtime affair and an exciting one at that. I must have been tired form the slopes or disappointed that it looked as if GW was going to lose. So with 20.6 seconds left on the clock and GW down 2 I left. BAD MOVE CHARLIE! I didn't find out GW pulled out a 1 point victory until later that night watching the 11 o'clock Sports Center. A wave of shame and stupidity washed over me but was elated in the final result. You think I would have learned my lesson, but no of course not. I went to the Wizards vs Celtics game last night, which also saw overtime action, because the Wiz loves to blow double digit leads in the 4th quarter.(A whole other blog.) When OT started the 4-5 Miller Lights began putting excess strain on my bladder, I held on (I have an amazing bladder so I'm a really good road-tripper). With 30 something second left the pain was unbearable. I stood up to watch the final couple possessions and soon realized it wasn't gonna happen. I briskly walked to the nearest restroom, knowing I would miss the finale. Which was just as well because over the echoey loudspeaker in the bathroom I heard Paul Pierce hit a buzzer beater that crushed the beloved Wizards. Piss on the Celtics! (Pun intended.) All in all the game was great fun though, I even got a mini Jarvis Hayes bobble head give away. By the way Jarvis is out for the season, but I'm not bitter.

Salvation Thy Name is Urinal.

4 Comments:

At 10:30 AM, Blogger B and T Crowd said...

Urinals are for suckers. No matter how good your aim is, use a toilet to avoid the rebound splash.

 
At 10:36 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

yeh I don't like to use the urinal either.

I'm going to (my first) Wizards game on Saturday, yay me!

 
At 7:25 AM, Blogger sammygeerock said...

Yay you! I love the Wiz and I love to wiz, too bad i had to wiz so bad at the last Wiz game I went to. Not to dis appoint but they will build up a double digit lead by the fourth quarter, collapse and lose by a couple in the final seconds. That's what they do.

 
At 1:01 PM, Blogger Evil Genius said...

Ha-ha wrong they spanked the pistons, it was a wonderful thing to watch. they were amazing and played their asses off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home